Property Professionals Consultation and Letter of Advice
Price: £300.00 plus VAT
What is included in the price:
- Initial telephone conversation
- Brief review of documentation in advance of meeting (subject to reasonable number)
- Meeting at your local office with a lawyer who has specialist knowledge of the property sector
- Summary of advice at conclusion of meeting setting out the legal position
- Letter of advice
What is excluded from the price:
- Subsequent letter of advice
- Meeting at your business premises (can be arranged at additional cost)
- Legal advice outside of the service requested
None are anticipated
How long will it take?
The meeting itself will last around 1 hour and, subject to your availability, we would aim to hold the meeting with you, within 48 hours of your initial call or earlier if required. Same day appointments can be made.
What can we cover in the meeting?
We can provide advice to you on all areas, including but not limited to:
- All aspects of employment law / HR
- Estate Agency law e.g. Estate Agents Act 1979, property misdescriptions, consumer rights
- Terms of business
- Contractual and commission disputes
- In house Complaints handling
- Referrals to the TPO or other redress scheme
- Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- Breach of restrictive covenants by ex-employees e.g. non-compete, non-solicitation
- Landlord & Tenant issues
- Block and estate management
- Possession proceedings
- Acquisitions and company law
- Training on money laundering and SDLT, possession claims, speeding up your conveyancing pipeline and making the agent/solicitor relationship more effective
- GDPR and data protection
- Debt recovery
- Business disputes
- Shareholder / Director disputes
- Shareholder agreements
- Self-employed contracts including IR35
Why choose Attwells Solicitors?
Attwells is a leading property firm and has the necessary passion and expertise in working for those within the property sector. This sector impacts upon all of us and the political and media spotlight is shining more brightly on the housing market and those operating in the same than ever before, with the letting fee ban due to come into law next year, the continued emergence of online and hybrid agencies, Brexit threatening foreign investment and housing supply remaining constrained.
We are experienced in advising and assisting property professionals, whilst also being acutely aware of the distinct issues facing the property sector. We have previously acted for investors, developers, estate agents, lettings agents, surveyors, brokers and architects, to name but a few.
Attwells have a rich history of supporting a large number of property professionals across the country, developing a unique understanding of the legal issues facing property people as a result. We remain one of the largest residential conveyancing firms in East Anglia and have the full anatomy of legal services a property professional requires across a number of different legal areas.
We share our expertise with property professionals by way of our strong online presence and speaking slots at established conferences across the UK. Members of our team are currently due to speak at upcoming ‘Propertymark’ conferences in the coming months, alongside some of the most influential and experienced property sector speakers.
When will I pay?
Attwells Solicitors will ask you for money on account in advance of the meeting so that work can get underway on your matter. In the event that the meeting is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, a refund of money on account can be made to you.
How to instruct Attwells Solicitors?
Instructing us is simple. You can either click on the instruct button below to register your interest or you can call your local office. We have offices in Ipswich, Colchester and London. When instructing us please inform us of the office you would like to use.