Attwells lawyers attend training provided by the National Federation of Property Professionals and approved by both the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) so you can rest assured the advice you receive is specific, up to date and entirely in sync with the industry in which you operate.
Our estate agent clients value our expert commercial advice delivered with a can do attitude. We can help you to avoid problems and, in the event that they should arise, resolve problems quickly and in particular we can help you with:
- Data Protection - policies, subject access requests and understanding disclosure obligations.
- Understanding your obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations.
- The preparation of robust terms and conditions that will give you the commercial advantage.
- Understanding your obligations in relation to compliance with the Estate Agents Act 1979.
- Viewings and advertising a property to the public – what you can and cannot say or disclose.
- How to deal with a property that may have been mis-described.
- Commission disputes – both with vendors and competing agents.
- Advice on the regulations concerning for sale and to let boards and their size, placement and number.
- Commercial and regulatory advice in relation to setting up and operating an estate agency.
- Compliance with the Bribery Act.
- Complaints handling and advertising standards.
- Consumer rights.
Our offer is to provide you with a unique one-stop shop for any legal issues that you might encounter in the conduct of your business, providing you with the support that you need to operate confidently and to grow your business.
To find out more about Estate Agency Law contact Lloyd Clarke for a confidential chat. A copy of the Guidance on Transparency of Fees Involving Property Sales can be downloaded here.