New Build Developments
Our dedicated Property Development Team, comprising solicitors and planning consultants, has extensive experience acting on behalf of landowners and developers in a range of varied and complex matters.
Offering both expert advice and first rate personal service, we understand the priorities of our clients and work alongside them to achieve their goals.
Our clients benefit from tailored legal advice on their matter delivered to them in clear, easy to understand language. We are also keen to build long-term personal relationships with our developer clients and as such we are always keen to meet our developer’s on-site to
understand the site and their needs.
Attwells’ specialist Property Development Team can offer clear, expert advice on the following areas:
- Option agreements and promotion agreements;
- Overage agreements;
- Acquisition and sale of development land;
- Contracts conditional on planning or other matters;
- Development and bridging finance;
- Production of legal packs for new build properties and conversions (whether freehold or leasehold);
- Plot sales and grant of new leases;
- Help to Buy contracts;
- Site appraisals;
- Planning applications;
- Reserved matters approval;
- Discharge of planning conditions;
- Planning appeals:
- Judicial reviews and s288/289 appeals;
- Community Infrastructure Levy appeals;
- S106 agreements; S38 agreements and S104 agreements;
- Highway stopping up or diversion orders;
- Public path extinguishment or diversion orders;
- Certificate of lawful development (proposed and existing development);
- Wayleave agreements, Rights of Way and Easements;
- Trees and high hedges;
- Disposal of affordable housing;
- Management company set up;
- Shareholders/partnership agreements;
- Joint venture agreements.
Our Property Development Team are able to offer clients expert, cost-effective advice on their property needs and where possible offer fixed fees.
New Home Team
Attwells New Homes Team is partner-led and made up of specialist lawyers who understand that fast and cost effective pipeline conversion is required to meet the targets and pressures that developers and sales teams experience.
Attwells New Homes Team have a unique 8 step plan:
- Get Ahead of the Pack – Reviewing the developer’s pack and standardising the legals in advance of the sales takes over 2 weeks off the standard conveyancing process. The legal leg work does not need to be repeated on each plot by different solicitors. Our New Homes Manager will agree the Legals on the site upfront.
- Site Visit – Experience tells us that when we have been to the site then it is far easier for us to report to our client and saves time with enquiries. Our New Homes Manager will visit each site and meet the sales team before the sales get underway.
- Communication – Jargon-free honest and realistic conversations with clients and the sales teams so as to ensure all parties can work as one team. Our New Homes Partner and New Homes Manager are there to help on any sticky case.
- Streamlined Process – Attwells “state of the art” case management system has streamlined the process so as to manage cases efficiently. Our lawyers can concentrate on spending time communicating and doing the legal bit.
- Tracking - Progress on cases needs to be proactively tracked in order to ensure that deadlines are met. Weekly progress reports are available from the New Homes Manager.
- Working with the Developer’s Lawyers – Our lawyers do not see conveyancing as a points scoring exercise. We focus upon the client’s goal of securing their new home as quickly as possible.
- New Home Expertise – Help to Buy, Help to Buy ISAs and Shared Ownership are just three examples of Government initiatives that can slow lawyers down. Our lawyers are experienced in all the latest New Homes legislation.
- Lender Relationships & Panels – As a member of the Conveyancing Association Attwells meet regularly with lenders and are ahead of the market when it comes to changes to CML Handbook. Attwells is on the panel of all the major mortgage lenders.
Attwells are a leading Firm of Property Law Experts.