Lasting Power of Attorney Pricing
Price: £350.00 plus VAT
Fees will be payable on producing the documents for you to sign. If you decide to withdraw instructions part way through the work we are undertaking for you, a proportionate part of the fee will be payable. This will be limited to the amount of the deposit that we will ask for up front.
What is included in the price:
- A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) for one person for either
- Health and Welfare or
- Property and Financial affairs
- The Second LPA can be added for £75 + VAT
- Meetings at your local office to take instructions and sign the documents
- Registration of your LPA
- Storage in our secure vault (if required)
What is excluded from the price:
- Home/hospital/care home visits
- Issues relating to capacity
- Tax advice
- Advice on benefits
- Legal advice outside of the service requested
£82 per document registered with office of public guardian*
*People on low incomes or on certain benefits may qualify for reductions or a complete waiver of this cost.
Disbursements are payable before we incur the cost.
How long will it take?
It will take us 1 week from your first appointment to prepare your documents. Once you are happy with the drafts, we will ask you to make a second appointment at your convenience to come in and sign the LPA. Please note that all people you are appointing as attorneys will also need to sign the LPA. If they are not able to attend the office with you, we will send you home with the LPA signed by you with instructions for your attorneys on their signing. Once we have the LPA back signed by all parties, we will send the LPA off to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) to register. It is currently taking 6 weeks on average, for the OPG to register an LPA.
What should I expect?
- A questionnaire will be sent via email or in the post.
- An appointment will be made, which is convenient for you.
- The LPA will be prepared and sent to you to approve.
- You will be asked to return to your local office to review and sign your LPA.
- All attorneys will need to sign the LPA.
- Once everyone has signed the LPA, We will send your LPA to the OPG to be registered.
- On return we either file your original in our vault at no extra cost and send you a certified copy or alternatively we can send you the original.
How to instruct Attwells Solicitors?
Instructing us is simple. You can either click on the instruct button below to register your interest or you can call your local office. We have offices in Ipswich, Colchester and London. When instructing us please inform us of the office you would like to use.