Employment Law Services in Colchester, Ipswich and St. John's Wood
At Attwells Solicitors we are here to help unravel the increasingly complex nature of employment law and ensure that you can obtain the outcome you want with the least possible time, stress and expense.
We have significant experience in all types of workplace dispute, acting for both employees and employers, including the bringing and defending of Claims in the Employment Tribunal, always achieving a high rate of success for our clients.
Initially we offer a no charge consultation by telephone so a client can understand their legal position.
Thereafter local face to face consultations and all other services are available at a fixed fee.
Our service is personal and practical and aims to resolve matters for you as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
Our Head of Employment Law Lloyd Clarke is also a trained mediator and uses these skills to resolve disputes. Mediation has a 80% chance of success if both parties agree.
Don’t wait and get in touch for a no-obligation confidential no charge telephone consultation.
- Settlement Agreements
- Compromise Agreements
- Disputes regarding bonuses
- Breach of contract
- Disciplinary or grievance issues
- Unfair dismissal
- Drafting and amendments of all forms of employment documentation
- Employment Tribunal representation
- Business sale and purchase (TUPE)
- Performance management
- Sickness absence
- Bullying, harassment and other unfair treatment at work
- Pregnancy, Maternity, flexible working and all other forms of ‘family friendly rights’
Fixed Fee Employment Law Services - Initial No Charge Consultation
Service: Employee Case Assessment & Letter of Advice
Price: £250.00 plus VAT
What is included in the price:
- Initial telephone conversation
- Review of documentation in advance of drafting letter of advice (subject to reasonable number of documents)
- Letter of advice setting the the legal position, our advice and an assessment of prospects of success for any potential claims
- Answering any questions subsequent to letter of advice
What is excluded from the price:
Meeting at your local office with a specialist employment lawyer (can be arranged at additional cost)
- Tax advice
- Advice on benefits
- Legal advice outside of the service requested
How long will it take?
2-3 working days from instruction.
What can we cover in the advice letter?
We can provide advice to you on all areas, including but not limited to:
- All aspects of employment law / HR e.g. disciplinary, grievance, family-related rights, dismissal, redundancy/restructure, staff absence, poor performance, discrimination etc.
- Assessment of any potential claims
- Contract terms
- Defending breach of contract claims including those dealing with training fees
- Defending allegations of breach of restrictive covenants/post-termination obligations such as those dealing with working for a competitor, poaching former clients or colleagues
- Self-employed contracts including IR35
- Commission and bonus disputes
- Director disputes
- Shareholder disputes
Why choose Attwells Solicitors?
Employment disputes can be costly, distracting and time consuming. They can interfere with and damage your career and professional reputation. In the event that they do arise, you must act quickly to ensure you receive the correct advice and that the best case is put forward for you.
As an employee, you have in excess of 80 legal rights from day one. Our expert Employment Team can provide you with all the advice that you need to ensure your rights are property protected and advanced.
We can advise you on the whole employment cycle from interview, contract terms, probationary periods, promotion, sickness, holiday, disability, maternity, grievance, disciplinary, dismissal, appeal, restrictive covenants and the brining of Employment Tribunal proceedings.
When will I pay?
Attwells Solicitors will ask you for money on account in advance of the reviewing your documents and drafting the advice letter so that work can get underway on your matter immediately.
How to instruct Attwells Solicitors?
Instructing us is simple. You can either click on the instruct button below to register your interest or you can call your local office. We have offices in Ipswich, Colchester and London. When instructing us please inform us of the office you would like to use.
Further Useful Services:
- ACAS provides useful information on employment law – www.acas.com
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission provides useful advice on discrimination – www.equalityhumanrights.com
- UK Gov contains useful information on employment rights – www.gov.uk/browse/working
- Employment Tribunals provide advice on the process at Employment Tribunals – www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/employment