Attwells can provide first class training courses for officers, lawyers and surveyors. Our team use these courses to pass on extensive knowledge and experience to others in the industry.
Training is provided at our Colchester office and at venues in London. We also offer in-house training.
Who is our training for?
Officers who can benefit from our thorough training courses include planning and enforcement officers; tree, listed building and conservation area officers; and legal officers; (we also provide training to conveyancers, property lawyers, architects and surveyors).
Not every individual or authority requires the same training. Consequently, we offer three options: standard courses, custom courses and bespoke courses.
What does the training cover?
Standard courses: We run a series of highly popular standard courses, all of which have been constructed to arm our attendees with the knowledge needed to address commonly encountered planning and enforcement issues. They include:
Introduction to Planning and Enforcement (2 Days)
- The Planning System
- Development & Permitted Development
- Lawful Development
- Breaches of Planning Control, Investigations, RFIs
- Enforcement Notices, Breach of Condition Notices, Stop Notices, Injunctions
- Advertisement Control
- Listed Buildings
- Untidy Land
Drafting Planning Notices (1 Day)
- Breaches of Planning Control
- Investigating Breaches, including RFIs
- Planning Contravention Notices (PCNs)
- Enforcement Notices
- Practical Exercise – Drafting a PCN and Enforcement Notice
Advanced Enforcement (1 Day)
- The Planning Unit
- Primary & Ancillary Uses
- Pre-commencement Conditions
Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) (1 Day)
- Criminal Offences
- Codes of Practice
- Investigations & Evidence
- Practical Exercise – Interviewing Suspects Under Caution on Tape
Conquering the Advert Regulations (1 Day)
- Advert Control
- Consideration of Applications
- Advert Consent
- Unauthorised Adverts
Permitted Development (1 Day)
- Schedule 2 and Parts Within Schedule 2
- Details of Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3
- Conditions, Limitations and Interpretation
- Removal of PD Rights
- Prior Notifications/Approvals
Custom courses and bespoke courses
If you have needs that are not fulfilled by the standard courses, you can choose modules from the existing courses to form your very own programme. Our courses are linked to our booking form or simply call us on 01206 766333 to find out more. If none of the above courses or modules is suitable for your needs, Attwells is able to craft a series of bespoke modules specifically for you. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our tailored options.