Local Authority Services
Attwells are specialist planning lawyers and planning consultants, with over 20 years’ experience handling a wide variety of planning cases, from small domestic extensions to larger scale residential and commercial projects.
Our firm offers a unique combination of expertise from both solicitors and planning consultants to deliver the best representation and guidance possible. Our team also has many years of experience working in local government and so are well placed to provide you with the advice and assistance you may need whilst also having a good understanding of the pressures and workings of local government. Keeping our client authorities informed and reassured throughout the process is of paramount importance to us, and we always endeavour to adopt a personal, friendly approach.
From Attwells, you can expect confident representation, proactive advice and timely responses to all communications. We are happy to work from our offices or can visit your offices or undertake site visits when necessary.
Attwells' Planning Services
Our legal team and planning and enforcement team and would be pleased to assist you with:
- Planning applications (from single applications to entire caseloads)
- Planning appeals (householder, written reps, hearings, inquiries)
- CLD applications and appeals
- All aspects of planning enforcement work including drafting and serving Notices, appeals and prosecutions
- Advertisements including structure and poster removal, appeals and prosecutions
- Investigating criminal offences, including conducting PACE interviews under caution
- High Court challenges (Judicial Reviews, s288 and s289)
- Listed buildings, protected trees and high hedges including appeals and prosecutions
- Assisting with complaints/maladministration cases
We charge competitive rates and you pay only for the time spent on your matter by the fee earner, which is always productive and concentrated. You do not pay for unproductive time, overheads, holidays or sick leave. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements:
Anna Russell-Knee, Senior Planning Solicitor, 020 7449 3134.
Fiona Bradley, Planning & Enforcement Manager, 01206 239765.
Planning & Enforcement Training Courses
We offer a range of very popular planning and enforcement training courses for local authority officers. Our most popular courses include Permitted Development, Introduction to Planning & Enforcement, Conquering the Advert Regulations, and Protection of Trees. We are also pleased to be able to offer a new course, Navigating the Appeals Process. Please click on the link to take you to our Training pages.