Practical Planning for Planners
This one day course is designed to aid new planners working in planning departments in dealing with the practical aspects of development management. It will provide officers with the skills they need to allow them to carry out their role effectively and with confidence; and also provide policy planners, planning assistants and technicians, with a beneficial insight into the development management system.
- The Planning System
- The Development Plan
- Identifying the Planning Unit
- Understanding curtilage
- The Need for Planning Permission
- Permitted Development & the GPDO
- Types of Applications (Full, Householder, Outline, Reserved Matters)
- Other Applications (Certificate of Lawful Development, Listed Building Consent, Permission in Principle, Prior Notification)
- Post Decision Applications (s73, Non-Material Amendments, Discharge of Conditions)
- The Planning Application Process (Validation, Consultation, Site Visits, Reports)
- Material Planning Considerations
- Planning Conditions and Planning Obligations
CCT Venue Barbican, 135-137 Aldersgate Street, EC1A 4JA
Breakfast and refreshments are available from 08:30; course starts at 10:00; lunch is at approximately 12:45; and we will finish at 16:00.
£255 (+VAT) per officer, £225 (+VAT) for a second or any subsequent officer from the same authority; includes lunch & refreshments.
Please complete the booking form and return to Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone on 01206 239767.