Introduction to Planning & Enforcement
This two day course is designed for all planning & enforcement officers involved in the enforcement process. It will take officers through each stage of the planning enforcement process, examining the tools at their disposal & the legal requirements of each process.
In addition to dealing with breaches of planning control, we will cover the legal requirements & practical application of the special controls.
- Development: operational development, material change of use, the need for planning permission
- Lawful development: 4/10 year rules, concealed development, CLD applications
- Permitted development: GPDO, Article 4 directions
- Breaches of planning control
- Requisitions for information: PCNs, s330s, drafting
- Enforcement notices: expediency, content, service, appeal, breach, prosecutions, direct action
- Breach of condition notices: when to use, content, service, breach, prosecutions
- Stop notices: when to use, power to issue, content, service, compensation, prosecutions
- Temporary stop notices: when to use, power to issue, content, service, compensation, prosecutions
- Injunctions: s187B, how & when to seek
- Advertisement control: need for consent, deemed consent, exempt adverts, prosecutions, removal of adverts
- Protection of trees: TPOs & prosecutions
- Listed buildings & conservations areas: unauthorised works, listed building enforcement notices, prosecutions
- Untidy land & s215 notices: content, service, non-compliance, prosecutions, direct action
CCT Venue Barbican, 135-137 Aldersgate Street, EC1A 4JA
Breakfast and refreshments are available from 08:30; course starts at 10:00; lunch is at approximately 12:45; and we will finish at 16:00.
£465 (+VAT) per officer for the two days, £395 (+VAT) for a second or any subsequent officer from the same authority; includes lunch & refreshments.
Please complete the booking form and return to Tiffany Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone on 01206 239767.