Make a Payment Online
Thank you for instructing Attwells Solicitors
For ease of payment you can use a debit or credit card to pay your invoice or send money on account. Your solicitors or conveyancer will have advised you on this. However, if you are unsure of what type of payment you need to make please read the descriptions below.
Paying an Invoice
An invoice is traditionally sent for non-conveyancing matters and will contain a client reference number. This will be required when making a payment. Your client reference number can be found in the top right-hand side of your invoice, in between your solicitors or conveyancers email address and the date.
Paying Money on Account
Paying money on account is a term used for sending money to cover any forthcoming expenses such as land registry fees. This is usually requested at the start of matters and is not normally a large amount. Payments via this method are capped at £500.
Unfortunately, we are only able to accept payments in GBP – Sterling and cannot take payment of a deposit or balance for a property transaction.
When paying an invoice, we will verify the client reference number provided against your account. We will also check the names on your account correspond with the name on the card.
If there is a discrepancy, we will contact you to resolve this before we can credit the money to your account or return the funds to you.
If you require further assistance please call 01473 229200 and a member of our team will be happy to guide you through the process.
Payment Security Information
- How we protect you information: We use industry standard technology to encrypt your details as they pass over the internet and to enable your browser to confirm that it's really our site that you're using. We use secure certificates issued by Verisign/Symantec.
- On any page where you are entering personal details, you will see the closed padlock icon that tells you the page is protected (see below). If you are using a very old or unsupported browser (eg; Internet Explorer 6.0) you will not be able to connect to these secure pages. In that case, please upgrade to a supported browser (eg; a modern version of IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari or Firefox).
- Padlock positions:
- IE - Left of the refresh icon in the address bar
- Opera - Far right in the address bar
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox - Left of the page URL in the address bar
- If you share your PC or use a facility in a public place - Make sure you are not overlooked as you enter your details and close the browser window and, if applicable, log off when you have finished.