Selling a Company
Service: Acting for the Seller selling the shares in an English company
- Under £50,000 of Sale Price - £1849 plus VAT
- £50,000-£100,000 of Sale Price - £2549 plus VAT
- £100,000- £200,000 of Sale Price - £3249 plus VAT
- £200,000-£400,000 of Sale Price - £4049 plus VAT
- £400,000-£600,000 of Sale Price - £5749 plus VAT
- £600,000-£800,000 of Sale Price - £6749 plus VAT
- £800,000-£1m of Sale Price - £7749 plus VAT
- £1m above – price on application
If the matter does not proceed to completion then half of the above fee will be due.
In addition to the fixed fee above the following fees may also be payable:
- Payable in all cases - Bank Transfer Fee (per transfer) - £40 plus VAT
- Payable in all cases - Electronic Identification Fee (per person) - £10 plus VAT
Included in the service
- Dealing with issues of confidentiality and disclosure of information
- Due diligence
- Drafting the contract for the sale of the shares in accordance with the Heads of Terms
- Negotiating the contract for the sale of the shares with the Buyer’s Solicitors
- Dealing with enquiries of a legal nature with the Buyer’s Solicitors
- Report to you on the terms of the sale
- Completion of the sale of the shares
What is excluded from the service?
- Legal advice outside the scope of the service described above
- Advising and renegotiating the Heads of Terms
- Tax advice
- Accounting or non-legal due diligence
- Any work in connection with Banks and lenders with regards to the release of security
If there is a property element then Land Registry Fees of £100.
How long will it take?
Timescales vary and on average it will take 8 weeks but it depends upon a number of factors outside of our control. We will endeavour to complete the matter as quickly as possible within your timescales.
Who will do your work?
When will I pay?
You will need to pay 50% of the fixed fee on account together with any land registry fees of £100. The balance of fees and any disbursements will be due on completion.
How do I instruct Attwells Solicitors
Instructing us is simple. You can either click on the instruct button below to register your interest or you can call us at your local office. We have offices in Ipswich, Colchester and London. When instructing us please inform us of the office you would like to use.